ePACT Network is an innovative North Vancouver technology start-up, changing the way the world prepares for, and responds to, emergencies. We are committed to leveraging technology to help individuals and organizations better connect, prepare, and respond to crises ranging from individual injuries to large scale natural disasters.
Why You Would Want to Work With Us
There are many benefits of joining the ePACT family - located on the waterfront in Lower Lonsdale, there's always an opportunity for frozen yogurt runs, BBQs on our patio, lunch at waterfront restaurants, Frisbee golf, and movie outings! Besides the lively work environment, ePACT provides an atmosphere where you can truly make a difference.
Since 2012, ePACT has grown quickly both with its technology and the business, highlighted by the following achievements:
- Graduate of Vancouver Tech Accelerator, GrowLab, and participant in the Canadian Technology Accelerator, TechWomen and C100's 48 Hrs in the Valley programs in San Francisco.
- Honored on 2015’s ‘Ready to Rocket' recognition program for BC's tech sector.
- With a customer base across North America, ePACT’s sales grew over 300% in 2016.
With a team of diverse, passionate, and energetic people in a rapidly growing business, there are great opportunities to make a positive impact with constant milestones to celebrate.
This critical role will report to and collaborate closely with our COO & Co-Founder and will be responsible for day-to-day financial management of a growing and complex business. The perfect fit for this role is an experienced professional who has an entrepreneurial streak, is knowledgeable of best practices, and is interested to build and own key financial processes. We are growing rapidly and it is crucial that the teammate in this role is excited and enthusiastic about our mission! This role may be part-time (3 days/week) or full-time, depending on skill-set and availability of the successful candidate.
- a clear and professional communicator, both verbally and in writing;
- a strategic thinker, excited to take on challenges and personally contribute to the success and growth of your company;
- a methodical, detail-oriented, analytical, and accurate problem solver;
- experienced working with external accounting and tax professionals;
- self-motivated when working independently or as part of a collaborative team, with a 'roll up your sleeves' attitude;
- ability to work on projects with tight timelines and a desire to 'own' your role;
- experience in a start-up - particularly SaaS and/or venture backed business
- fun, with a good sense of humor (because the ePACT team all think we are hilarious!)
- maintain complete and accurate books and records, overseeing preparation of GAAP financial statements and supporting schedules;
- manage the day to day operational accounting functions for the company, including accounts receivable, revenue recognition, commissions, accounts payable, expenses, bank reconciliations, payroll, month end close and support as required for additional reporting (e.g. added team, management, Board and Investor reports)
- provide decision support, reporting, and key SaaS operational metrics for the business, supporting both short and long term financial strategic planning processes and spend needs;
- develop accounting systems and internal control processes to enhance financial reporting and internal control environment;
- oversee cash management through supervision of accounts receivable collections and coordination of cash disbursements;
- work with the COO to prepare and maintain financial models and pro-forma statements;
- manage financial reporting required for grant programs including WINN, IRAP and SRED;
- help to identify and prepare grant applications for future grants;
- oversee audit, tax reporting and filings and other compliance requirements (note: currently Canadian but rapidly moving towards US tax requirements as client base in US expands).
- a Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business;
- 5+ years of in-house experience in a Controller, Assistant Controller, or equivalent role;
- comprehensive knowledge of Canadian GAAP (US GAAP considered added asset);
- experience with Xero accounting system is an asset, though high level of experience in QuickBooks and MS Excel also desirable;
- Experience with SAAS-based software companies preferred;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license considered significant asset.
Please address cover letters to Ms. Kirsten Koppang-Telford.
Due to the large number of applicants, please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.